What exactly is Lent and what does the ceremony (if there is one) consist of? Just like to know.
Does anyone else on this forum practice Lent?
It began on the 9th February 2005 and ends on the 26th of March 2005. I never really understood the movie 40 days and 40 nights. Because if I am not mistaken Lent usually last 45-46 days? I assume they were jus referring to when Jesus went into the desert for 40 days and was tempted by Satan.
[img]http://i69.photobucket.com/albums/i42/stinmeister/untitled-2.jpg[/img]
What exactly is Lent and what does the ceremony (if there is one) consist of? Just like to know.
[img]http://i86.photobucket.com/albums/k102/ETWNAPPEL/calgraphic.gif?t=1238543058[/img]
Not really a ceremony. Just more of a personal growth. I dont wanna get to technical with it, cause i'm sure you've heard the story of Jesus fasting in the dessert for 40 days and 40 nights being tempted by the devil. Well Lent is the 40 some days up until Easter. When Lent first starts you are supposed to give up something you really enjoy doing, usually something that is not particually good for you. Like its not a good idea to give up brushing your teeth or taking a shower. Usually people give up caffenne, tobacco, sexual relations, chocolate, meat, etc. When you fast your supposed to keep it on the down low, and just try to live your life in a normal way. I've down it for going on 5 years now, and it really does make you "think" more clearly especially towards the end.
[img]http://i69.photobucket.com/albums/i42/stinmeister/untitled-2.jpg[/img]
Thanks for the info.
[img]http://i86.photobucket.com/albums/k102/ETWNAPPEL/calgraphic.gif?t=1238543058[/img]
i have also heaard of it before but did not really know what it meant.
Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much. Oscar Wilde
Im still saving Lent from my belly button, going to make a pillow someday.
Bookmarks